Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Have a question about my eye, Less than a year, No

Have a question about my eye
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Less than a year
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

How may I help you?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm worried about my eye lid one is lower than the other and puffier, it seems to be when tired but I'm not sure is this normal, is there anything that can be done
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Text chat is fine.

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

May I request you to upload an image please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My upper eye lid looks swollen and lower than the other
Customer: replied 18 days ago.

The method of uploading photo or a file is:

1. Click the paperclip icon

2. Click the Browse icon

3. Click the Browse button

4. Select your file and click Open

5. Click OK

6. Click Insert

7. Click Save changes on this page

If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

You can approach them at the following link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Where you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to *****@******.***

Or you can make a call to - Phone number, 1-***-***-****

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sure

I am waiting.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There is no paperclip icon
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
To upload image
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There's no way to send an image?

Okay I will help you.

Will give you my mail ID. Please use it only once.

It is against website policy to share personal details - but I will help you once.

***@******.***
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (MQ64P27)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (PZ7T32V)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (MZ1421Z)

How long have you had this?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It's always been different but noticed it looks swollen
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is it a droopy eye

I understand your concern and thank you for uploading the image for my better understanding.

I am not seeing any ptosis or neurological drooping.

This looks like a Chalazion.

A chalazion is a painless lump in the eyelid. It is caused by a blockage in a gland that makes tears.

A chalazion is different from a "stye," which also causes a lump on the eyelid. But a stye is caused by an infection and is painful. A chalazion is not tender or painful, but it often lasts longer than a stye does.

A chalazion often begins with redness and swelling. Then, a firm, painless lump forms, usually in the upper eyelid. The lump can be as large as a pea. If a chalazion forms in the lower eyelid, it looks like a yellow-white bump.

You can put warm, wet pressure on the chalazion. Wet a clean washcloth with warm water and put it over your chalazion. When the washcloth cools, reheat it with warm water and put it back over the chalazion. Repeat these steps for 15 minutes, 4 times a day.

You should not squeeze or pop your chalazion.

Most of the time, a chalazion goes away with the treatment described above within a few weeks. It might even go away on its own.

But if you have a large chalazion that does not go away or keeps coming back, your doctor might refer you to an eye doctor, who can do a procedure in the office to remove the chalazion or inject a medicine into the chalazion to reduce the swelling, in other words it includes a minor office procedure - but it will completely take away the chalazion.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you so much Dr. Do you think this can return to normal with just applying the warm washcloth
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will try
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thankyou so much

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Thank you so much for the bonus!