Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I broke my "banjo string" while having intercourse on

Customer Question

Hi I broke my "banjo string" while having intercourse on Monday, swelling and only sore when I get erect, no burning, maybe a slight itch every now and then but I think that's more psychological, no discharge and no burning sensation when I urinate, I visited a clinic and the doctor said if I had a problem I'd be in much worse condition, however is it possible I could have an STD/STI?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: No other discomfort and no burning, just a slight itch every now and then. Nothing serious or unbearable, I am worried about my swelling though, but I've been told it'll go away. I'm on a course of ibuprofen
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's about it, just my foreskin is now permanently rolled back whereas it never used to be
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

I understand your concern. This doesn't sound like an STI.

Can you please share a picture of that?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The girl claims she felt her vagina burn today, but she said her sex life is very active, whereas my last sexual encounter was January and it was just oral.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sir, can't do a call but I'll send a photo
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

The request for call is automatically generated by the website. Please ignore that if you don't want a call.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

I'll wait for the photo. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I'm not sure how to send a photo on here
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

You can click the add files button and then attach the photo.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry Sir I can't seem to see an upload file button?
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Can you try to send it on *****@******.***?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll do that
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ah they blocked my email account
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Alright. The thing you mentioned does not sound like an STI. In STIs there is usually a discharge with nasty rash. This is most likley related to the frenulum damage and will settle on its own within a week if you abstain from sex. You may clean the penis with saline water twice daily and then dry it afterwards. That should help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks you doctor for the help
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

My pleasure :) Hope you stay well.