FarokhW
FarokhW,
Experience:  Expert
112594791

I wanted to ask about my son 22years old he gets severe pain

Hi I wanted to ask about my son 22years old he gets severe pain in his feet below th toes , across the ball of the feet thy just start anytime, mainly bad in evenings and last for 6-8 hrs. No pain killers help tramadol iprobrufen ,paracetamol and at times th pain is severe in hi thighs n thy tense
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since Nov 2020 , at teatime after 6pm gets worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He also has severe eczema but th pain can't be related to the eczema
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Hello.

My name is***** am an orthopaedic surgeon and I will try and answer your questions today as best as possible.

May I ask for some more information please?

Does the pain affect both his feet or just one?

Has he had any X-rays done on his foot?

Did he have any injury to his foot before the symptoms started in November last year?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Doctors , yes his pain is in both feet n thighs , he has no xrays done, he has no injuries to his body. His eczema flared up in November n was not going out much and just started then. His feet n legs also shake aswell when he is in pain.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sometimes the pain starts in his thighs once thats settles in a few hours it starts in his feet. But its always both. Sometimes its just his thights and at times its just his feet.

Ok. Thanks for the information.

That is an uncommon combination of symptoms.

The foot pain especially in the front of the foot and ball of the toes can be attributed to any one of the following:

Stress fracture. This usually affects the long bones in feet (metatarsals) This can affect both feet. And usually follows intense exercise of some description....long walks, hikes, etc.

Morton's neuroma. This is a condition that causes pain along the 2nd 3rd or 4 th toe and can be associated with pins and needles. This usually affects one foot but sometimes both.

Friebergs disease. This is one of the rarer causes of foot pain. It results from infarction of metatarsal heads.

The only thing I can think of that would cause thigh pain and foot pain is Vitamin D deficiency.

Vitamin D deficiency can also cause some weakness in muscles of the thigh in addition to pain. So getting up from squatting position can be difficult and painful.

As this pain has been ongoing for more than 6 months, this does need further investigations for sure.

Your son needs to be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon who can evaluate this further starting with a clinical examination.

Hip examination and spine examination will help diagnose or rule out conditions that can cause thigh pain.

Foot examination can help identify some of the causes of foot pain.

This can be followed by blood tests to rule of general inflammation especially multiple joint inflammation and Vit D deficiency.

And finally some X-rays to look at the involved  bones.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thankyou for your help I will contact Gp if they will do further tests

No problem. Hope your son feels better soon.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

No worries.

Take care