Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have just started the Marvelon combined pill and I’ve just

Hi there, i have just started the Marvelon combined pill and I’ve just started my first 7 day break. I’m 4 days into the 7 day break and I’ve not bled at all. Is that something to be worried about?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I have not, and I’m not taking other medication other than birth control
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take non daily and I’m not allergic to any medications
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing at all, thanks

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

I understand your concern.

It's not uncommon to miss the withdrawal bleeding or so called periods once you're on the combination oral contraceptive pills. That can lead to anxiety in people as they may think that they are pregnant but if you've been regular with the pill then you shouldn't get pregnant.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** *****’t want to be pregnant so that’s what worried me as a first time birth control user. I’ve taken it properly since starting and not missed a day

You shouldn't be pregnant then and can relax.

You're most welcome.