Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have tonsillitis symptoms, pus in my throat, and pain goes

Customer Question

I have tonsillitis symptoms , pus in my throat , and pain goes to my ear . What medicine could help ? It is 4th day going on and pain when I swallow still bothering me .
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: 4 days , no fever symptoms
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Pus in throat ( right side) and ear as well . I suspect it is tonsillitis. I drunk a lot of cold drinks and pain started the next day. I'm not sure how to cure myself , as medicine from boots does not help much .
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

If you have pus, and ear pain, and its now day 4 then you need to have antibiotics

The medication given is usually penicillin for 7 to 10 days

You'll have to call nhs111 for this prescription to be issued