Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

My prescription tablets have not been processed properly

My prescription tablets have not been processed properly through my doctors ? ( this is becoming a regular problem with XXXXX Medical Centre at XXXXXX, Plympton ?? ) My chemist at XXXXXX told me yesterday that they requested my repeat presciptions early May, for them to processed by the first week in June ?? So on chasing the chemist yesterday they said that the doctors had not responded, so I had to get my husband to take my prescription request to the practice for them to action urgently ? So when my husband went to our chemist they told him only 3 types of tablets had been agreed and that they were available for him to collect at The Day Lewis chemist WHICH TODAY IS CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY MORNING ?? So I am now without the following tablets : Aspirin 75 gm, Levothyroxine 100 mg and 25 mg ,Losartan 25mg, Lansoprozole 15mg, . Please can you help me with these tablets today . Thank you, ***** ***** XXXX, DOB . 22.06.XXXX, tel no. XXXXXX
JA: How long have you been using Heather? Has it helped at all?
Customer: For some years now and all is good when I take my tablets.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: My doctor Dr. Helen XXXXXX knows all about my tablets and recently I had a review .
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am a double stroke survivor, I have had multiple PE`s, Multiple DVT`s ( when on Warfarin ), I have Mitral reguritation and CKD stage 3b. I also take Dabigatrin 150mg, Allopurno 100mg and Furosemide 40mg and Simvastin 40mg. My NHS no. is XXXXXX and my Hospital no. is XXXXX. My address is XXXXXXXXX. Thank you.

Good afternoon. I am Dr Ruff, thank you for con

Unfortunately we do not prescribe via this service. It is an advice and guidance service. You would be better calling 111

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Having tried many times telephoning to try to speak with someone at 111 without success- the message kept saying to busy and use online 111. Which is why I contacted you and to be told that you cannot help me with tablets. My doctors surgery is to blame for not processing her prescription! She has been without some of her tablets for three days?? So tomorrow morning I will have to call at the surgery and get the matter sorted. Beacon Medical Centre is very difficult to contact by phone!! My wife and I are both very annoyed with the way their patients system appears to upset us and many other people that we know. Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry for the distress it has caused you and can completely understand.

I would however clarify with your practice when your pharmacy requesting your medication and the date it was issued so you have a better idea of the time duration, also would show who is being slow. Every practice will have a different policy on time to process prescriptions, but I certainly hope you resolve this with your practice.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your reply and today I have changed my Pharmacy to try and overcome this past problem.

That is my pleasure, all the best