How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Osula Your Own Question
Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1253
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Anthony Osula is online now

I have diverticula pain in my lower groin. I have previously

This answer was rated:

I have diverticula pain in my lower groin. I have previously taken Buscopen for this a few years ago but have managed it with my diet since then
JA: Have you used any medication for the pain?
Customer: ive Just found some buscopan and taken one tablet
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i had a colonoscopy about 6 years ago and was told I had some diverticula pockets. Since then I’ve been very careful with my diet and just taken fibogel when I felt bloated

Thanks for using just answer

You should try mebeverine 135mg taken three times daily if buscopan does not help, as its more effective for divertcular flare-ups

Continue with fybogel satchets, plenty of fluids and avoid any fatty foods

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I get mebeverine at a pharmacy?

You can buy from online pharmacy

Anthony Osula and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you