Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have my right leg swollen.. and it feels very heavy and

Customer Question

Hi i have my right leg swollen.. and it feels very heavy and tight... last night I felt worse and checked leg on mirror.. was so swollen. After continuous stretch, it got a little better
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Right leg has been always thicker than the other one but these days it got worse. I had long walk 2 days ago and I felt quite pain on the affected leg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know if it’s possible to get GP letter( for my insurance company if needed) after I speak to doctor?
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

Any changes in legs such as increased or new swelling, pain, redness or anyother symptoms needs to be checked out and also to exclude blood clot in the legs.

It could just be a circulation problem, but without being checked out,no one knows

For insurance company purposes, your own GP would have to do a letter or you can use online services such as babylon or doctor care anywhere, however you should not let this delay trying to get seen today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I emailed my go and private gp last night but I didn’t hear anything from them. That’s why I contacted this website.
When I do ankle flex, I have pain at anterior of my calves

You should be patient, its a saturday so maybe your GP dont open on saturday but your private GP might respond later, but not just anyone can do letter and we dont provide that kind of service

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help..

You're welcome