Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Is it possible to speak to a doctor today, no just need

Is it possible to speak to a doctor today
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no just need advice
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My gf had a smear and has been diagnosed with HPV does this mean I have it and what is it
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...Human papilloma virus, or "HPV," is a virus that can cause skin warts, genital warts, and some forms of cancer.

There are many types of HPV. Different types can cause different health problems.

People can get infected with HPV if their mouth or genitals touch the genitals of someone who is infected. This mainly happens through oral, vaginal, or anal sex. But HPV can also be spread through close genital-to-genital contact, even without having sex.

People who have had a lot of sex partners have a higher chance of getting an HPV infection. Many people with HPV do not know that they have the infection. So it is easy to spread to partners without realizing it.

Some types of HPV cause genital warts. But many people do not have any symptoms when they get infected with HPV. And often, the infection will get better on its own.

People with a long-lasting HPV infection have a higher chance of getting other health problems. Different types of HPV can cause different problems, some of which can be serious. For example:

●An HPV infection in the genitals can cause cancer of the cervix (cervical cancer) or vagina (vaginal cancer) in women and cancer of the penis (penile cancer) in men. Other types of HPV can cause genital warts in women and men.

●An HPV infection around the anus can cause cancer of the anus (anal cancer) in women and men.

●An HPV infection in the mouth and throat can cause cancer of the mouth and throat in women and men.

There are no tests to check for genital HPV infection in men, or HPV infection in the mouth or throat.

The vaccine is very good at preventing the types of HPV infection that can cause cervical and vaginal cancer in women. It might lower the risk of other types of cancer, too. The vaccine is also very good at preventing the types of HPV that cause genital warts.

The vaccine is not perfect. In some cases, people who get it can still get an HPV infection. But it is still the best way to lower the risk of HPV.

Condoms do not completely protect against HPV. That's because the virus can live on skin that is not covered by a condom. But condoms are still an important way to protect yourself against other diseases that can be spread through sex.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is there treatment available?

If you have an abnormal HPV or Pap test, your gynecologist will perform a procedure called a colposcopy. Using an instrument that provides a magnified view of the cervix (colposcope), your doctor will look closely at the cervix and take samples (biopsy) of any areas that look abnormal.

Any precancerous lesions need to be removed. Options include freezing (cryosurgery), laser, surgical removal, loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) and cold knife conization. LEEP uses a thin looped wire charged with an electric current to remove a thin layer of a section of the cervix and cold knife conization is a surgical procedure that removes a cone-shaped piece of the cervix.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800