Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Does methotrexate reduce precancerous cells in the cervix?

Customer Question

JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My partner has been given methotrexate to reduce precancerous cells in the cervix
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She also breast feeds and is pregnant
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Not really no
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.

You are asking about methotrexate?

Methotrexate is not used to reduce precancerous cells in the cervix.   It is used to treat ectopic or tubal pregnancy.   It is toxic and lethal to developing pregnancies.

It sounds like she is not being truthful with you.   I’m sorry.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.