Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago and last weekend I developed a

Hi , I had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago and last weekend I developed a chest infection and a really nasty cold terrible headaches I’ve tested my self for COVID 2 times negative. But my symptoms are still the same 7 days later
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: daiLy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my cough Nd chest has been bad and my cold as been really heavy
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m waiting for reply
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.1. How many days per month do you cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does your sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Do you feel breathless when exerting or exercising?
4. Are the symptoms aggravated when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. Does spicy food or heavy meal aggravate your symptoms?
7. Do you have mouth breathing and snoring at night?
8. Which is most predominant symptoms - cough / breathlessness / runny nose / blocked nose?
9. What is your profession please?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi only felt poorly a few days after my 2nd jab . My symptoms are really heavy cold and a chest infection headaches and I am breathless and can’t taste my food.
I understand your concern. There is no need to worry or panic.
The best way to deal with such scenario is to be knowledgeable about the disease and early identification of symptoms.
It might be COVID-19.
I will explain further.
Symptoms can include:
●Fever
●Cough
●Feeling tired
●Trouble breathing
●Muscle aches
But it's not only severity, but travel and exposure to affected areas does matter when it comes to approach to health care facility.Unless you are having any of the danger symptoms you need not worry.
1. They include very fast respiratory rate of more than 26 to 28 when you are at rest.
2. Chest pain
3. Difficulty in breathing
4. If you have a home pulse oximeter and the pulse oximeter is reading consistently less than 94 for more than 30 minutes.
5. Very high grade fever of more than 5 days duration.Fortunately, most cases of COVID19 are self limiting (I am not telling you are one of them - but just trying to keep you informed) and get better by themselves as time progresses.. uncomplicated and will resolve with time. Most of the infected people survive and overall across all age groups from 0 to 89 years only 1.2% of people infected will die of the infection. But the mortality is higher is people above 59 years of age.
So at your age (it is just borderline) and without any risk factor I do not foresee any problem or complication.
So, typically, the symptoms will worsen during the first 7 days of symptoms. Fevers, chills, cough, body aches, and shortness of breath are common. After the 6-8th day, the symptoms gradually improve, but the person may be symptomatic till 14 days. I suggest you use over the counter cough medications and self-quarantine at home for at least 14 days (another 11 days for you) from the start of the symptoms. Within 2 weeks you will not be contagious to others too.I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani