Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I would like to ask, Diazepam ,only 3 weeks but i would like

Customer Question

I would like to ask
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Diazepam ,only 3 weeks but i would like to quit
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I relapsed after 8 months of soberity and binged 14 days drinking heavy,went to hospital get detox and be sent home descriped diazepam for anxiety
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Everything is ok, im working again im taking pills as i need ,just i dont wanna get "addicted"
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this, are you looking to quite diazepam or alcohol?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I dont drink anymore,its been 3 weeks since then im on diazepam i was first week 2mg 3x daily ,week after 12mg daily its been now week since im on 2 in the morning,2 afternoon,2 evening
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i would like to taper dowm
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I know is all together just 3 weeks,but as i know is highly addictive and i dont want go trought it,i dont feel anxiety ,im working eating well and exercising ,so i want to stop and need advice
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

Okay thanks. So there is no set routine to this, I would however suggest that if you are on 2mg 2 three times daily, I would initially drop your lunch time dose to 1, then after 2-3 days, drop you evening dose to 1, then a further 2-3 days before dropping your morning dose to 1. Sit at that for a few days, and then continue the same until you have are nothing anymore.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
By 2 i mean 2 pills so its 4mg morning 4mg noon and 4 evening
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
maybe 4mg morning ,2mg noon and 4mg evening for a few days and then lower dose?
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

yes, sorry I was referring to the number of tablets, but yes, the same principal.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Great,i will try it ,i think i should have not got any issues as its been only short term ,but i wanna be careful as benzos can be dangerous
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will start tomorrow ,also i will conctact my GP about it ,thank you i just need advice from another person as well
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

No worries, I appreciate your concern, I am sure you will be fine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
these benzos should he more helpful in short term than harmful its more my "paranoia" i was reading horrible stuff about benzos but these stories are from people which were abusing it for years ans years and it "scared" me
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

Indeed you are right they are drugs of abuse, but important to control as you are.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you for advice i wont waste your time and i will start tapering tomorrow and see how it goes,have a great evening.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 9 days ago.

That is my pleasure, do take care.