How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sumanth Your Own Question
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 15293
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Sumanth is online now

I have a itching and pain in my vagina before I pee and

Customer Question

I have a itching and pain in my vagina before I pee and after I pee it’s feels very warm and is sore all the time
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: about 2 weeks and perfect
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It feels like it’s burning at night when I try sleep
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.1. May I know your age please?
2. How long have you had this symptom?
3. Is it like - you have the urge to urinate, but, when you go to urinate - very little comes out and you still have the urge to urinate?
4. Are you running any temperature?
5. Is there any blood in the the urine?
6. Is there any personal or family history of renal stones please?
7. Have you undergone any procedure in the pelvis in the recent past and if so when?
8. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?
9. Is the pain always consistent with urination please?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
2 weeks
No blood
No pain when urinating only before or after
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information. From your symptoms analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you, I feel that, the possibilities are -1. Interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome (BPS)2. Viral hemorrhagic cystitis.3. Over active bladder.In this order of preference.Will explain the most probable possibility of interstitial cystitis here so that you can be well informed before your consultation.Bladder pain syndrome is one of the conditions that cause people to have bladder pain and urinate often. Bladder pain syndrome is often called "BPS" for short. It is also sometimes called "painful bladder syndrome" or "interstitial cystitis."BPS can happen in men or women, but it is more common in women. We do not know what causes BPS, but some suspect it might be caused by abnormal changes in the lining of the bladder. Sometimes, BPS happens on its own. Other times, it starts after a person has:●An infection of the urinary tract, vagina, or prostate●Surgery on the bladder, pelvis, or back●An injury to the pelvic area or buttocksSymptoms include - Feeling like you need to urinate often during the day and night (even if you don't actually urinate), urinating often during the day and night, having pain in the lower belly or around the area where urine leaves the body.There is no one test to check for BPS. But if you have BPS symptoms, your doctor will talk with you, might do an exam, and will probably do a urine test. Depending on the results, your doctor might do other tests, too.For example, some people have a test called "cystoscopy." During cystoscopy, a doctor puts a thin tube with a tiny camera on the end into the opening in the body where urine comes out. Then the tube is advanced until it reaches the bladder. That way the doctor can look at the inside of the bladder to see if it is abnormal.Treatment options include - Bladder training, physical therapy, medicines and surgery.1) Conservative - avoidance of caffeine, avoidance of constipation, performing kegel exercises daily for one month2) Medication - Myrbetriq or Oxybutinin. These are prescription medications please.3) Surgical options include - having Botox, Sacral Neuromodulation or PTNS procedures by any urologist.May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your PCP or urologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It looks like it’s peeling and blistered no pain relief takes the pain away
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.

That can happen in IC and oab.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there any over the counter medication I can take or use to help with the itching and burning
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
I will suggest you home remedy for this.
You can take one glass of thick sugar solution. One glass of water mixed with three or four spoons of sugar.
After this you take three or four glasses of plain water.
You will be relieved of this symptom immediately.After this the best way to prevent it will be to consume 3 or 4 liters of plain water per day exclusively.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I am able to send a picture would that help
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (4PZSQL6)
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Looking inflamed like -
1. Rough sex
2. Vaginal candidiasis
3. Bacterial vaginosis.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I haven’t had sex so that isn’t an option what is the other 2?
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Both can occur without sex. One is fungal infection and another is bacteria.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is the best way to treat them
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 14 days ago.
Vaginal candidiasis OTC antifungals, but antibiotic for bacterial vaginosis.