Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

How do I deal with an immensly stressful situation in my

How do I deal with an immensly stressful situation in my life without ruminating over it every second of the day and not being able to function?
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark and happy to assist you. I’m a board certified physician. Sorry you’re so stressed. How long has this been going on? Your age?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am 36 and a mum to a 6 month baby and have been stressed for the past 3 months with the last 3 weeks feeling unbearable.
This is due to the fact that my mum is dying of cancer and we are trying to move house which has a lot of complications and deadlines running out for us.
I would like to know how to function day to day while living on edge and worrying all day and night.
That is a awful lot of serious problems all at once. I see many patients going through similar very difficult times. I prescribe a mild sedative such as Xanax or clonazepam for the quickest relief. Talk therapy with a counselor is helpful but that’s time consuming and it doesn’t sound like you have time for that right now. I’d see your gp and get medication to calm your nerves.