Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

My mother had an anibody test for c-19, she was infecetd in

Hi My mother had an anibody test for c-19, she was infecetd in January.
JA: Has your mother used any medication for the infection?
Customer: she is about to have her 1st dose on Monady. should she still go for it or not?
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Has she seen a doctor about the infection?
Customer: back in the day yes, she was given cortison foe her cough
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothig chronic or so she is considered quiet healthy otherwise she just wants to know if she should have the vaccine now or later?
Hi.Welcome to Just Answer.I am Caring Doc.I can help you today.
Did you mother test positive for Covid 19 antibody?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, yes she did
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the results outcome was 304.3 AU/mL
Respected customer it doesn't matter,even if she is positive for COVID 19 antibodies, she should get vaccinated.
We know that when you are recovering from a COVID-19 infection you will have circulating antibodies in your system,but we are still learning about how the immune system handles the antibody response after a natural infection. We’re not sure how protective the antibodies are from different kinds of infections such as an asymptomatic infection versus a symptomatic infection. With vaccination, we know that people with healthy immune systems are getting a great antibody response. So I would recommend vaccination even after a COVID-19 infection to get the best protection.
I hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Doctor for your help.
I will let her know.
You are most welcome:)
Have a wonderful day!