How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 40428
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have a problem on my male area. It’s like a red, you could

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a problem on my male area. It’s like a red mark, you could call it a circular looking burn which is not burnt but red and a different colour. What do you suggest I do?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I’ve had it for over a month and it’s been static although I have used cream and there’s been no change
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That’s all
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (GT6VZP1)
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

is it painful or itchy?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I used thrush cream which was useless and I used another cream which did not do anything mwjor
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The area is painless but would sting every now and then maybe about once a week
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But it just looks a different colour and obviously is something that needs to be treated
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.


It looks like a sebaceous cyst with some redness around it from irritation.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

You can try a retinoid therapy --Tretinoin A 0.05% cream daily for 3 weeks --should help.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you know where I can find this
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 12 days ago.

Prescription product.

Online pharmacies may carry without prescription