Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have had a painful headache for a number of days along

Customer Question

I have had a painful headache for a number of days along with a very uncomfortable ache in lower back and light headedness. Puked a few times. Not covid as I took a test. I just feel very slow.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily and sometimes feel nauseA.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Unable to sleep as the headache and back pain stops me from getting comfortable
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any fever?

Are you known to have migraine headaches?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Female 43 years of age. No fever. I think I may suffer migraines
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Text is fine thanks. I feel sick when I talk and also feel slow

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Your desciption fits a migraine headache. Migraine headaches are of two types, classical which has all the symptoms like auras and non0classical, which might present differently.

You should see your doctor for this. See your GP and if you cannot get an early appointment, go to the hospital. Migraine headaches are not helped by OTC treatments and a medical checkup is essential.

There are various types of treatments available, and I am sure you will find one that will fit you. There is no reason why you should suffer like this.

Some of the treatments that you should discuss with your doctor are:

Triptans: these are relatively new class of anti-migraine medicines which are quite effective.

Pain Medications: Pain killers like NSAIDS are the first choice of treatment. For chronic intractable pain, narcotic analgesics like Vicodin may be given. They can be combined with drugs like phenytoin, carbamazepine, or tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline for very severe pain.

Betablockers: betablockers can provide an effective cure.

Antiseizure drugs: drugs like Topamax can give effective relief.

Botox: Botox injections given in the scalp muscles are a new type of treatment which has been found very effective in many intractable headaches.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much. But why do I have an aching back
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
heavy feeling in legs

This could be related to the headaches.

It could also be a coincident back pain.

You should do back stretching exercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CMso14NWk