Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Age related shrinkage cerebbelum, have been diagnosed. what

Customer Question

age related shrinkage cerebbelum
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: have been diagnosed. what is prognosis?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: tiredness from B12 deficiency. I have 8 week injections
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Was this finding seen on CT or MRI scan?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
83 Male MRI scan

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Shrinkage of the brain and white spots on the brain are a natural part of aging.

They are inevitable with age, just like wrinkles.

The prognosis is good, it will not cause you harm.

You can take some steps which will help with this:

Go for regular exercise - go for at least 30 minute walks five times a week at your own pace. Exercise will help you greatly. This is the single most important step that you should take.
Besides this, also important is that you stimulate your brain - learn a new skill, like learning to play the violin or some other craft for example. Also regularly do puzzles like crossword and sudoku. This brain stimulation is most important.

There are a number of brain stimulators that are available on the market, also ask about them - some doctors may not support them but they do have their role.

Ask about Pyrithioxine (Encephabol), Trental, Ginko biloba, Vit. B12, Folic Acid.

Encephabol tablets (Pyrithioxine) , along with Vit B supplements, would be useful for you for age related brain shrinkage - ask about this.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti