Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I hv had a water infection /cystius for 4 days. I hv over

Customer Question

Hi I hv had a water infection /cystius for 4 days . I hv over counter remedy but not working .
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Canes Oasis cystitis relief, I did hv tiny discharge but none now yet still itchy .
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: This is my 4th day , I am passing more urine during the night I was wearing every half hour , I’m so tired
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had sex 5days ago after 2yrs so was quite sore during sex
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

A urinary tract infection, as a rule, warrants a urine culture for evaluation (with a routine urine analysis). A urine culture test substantiates the infection and gives you the best antibiotic to treat and eradicate it and prevent its recurrence.

Treating a UTI without a culture test is like going into the sea without navigation help.

You may go to your GP or a walk-in clinic/A&E for the urine culture to properly manage it.

Following measures would be helpful, meanwhile;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

4) Azo/Pyridium for urinary burning/pain (it is without the prescription and is a urinary analgesic).

5) Take Rephresh probiotic

6) Take a medicine called D- mannose – 500 mg every 3 hours for 5 days.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.