Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My son is 9 years old and has had a cough for over 1 month,

Customer Question

Hello my son is 9 years old and has had a cough for over 1 month, I have spoke to my doctor who just gave us medicine which has not helped, his not coughing up blood or does not have a fever
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: The medicine is Amoxicillin
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: His not allergic to any medicine
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    You are asking about a cough that is persistent ?

This time of the year, allergies are very common.  You could first try an over the counter allergy pill at night.    You can buy cetirizine for children in the UK.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you I will try to get this, I have bought over the counter allergy medicine before it does help but I'm just worried about the coughing.Thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 8 days ago.

The coughing is often due to postnasal drip due to allergies.   Thanks for using just answer.