Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a swollen throat on the back, it’s red and I have

Customer Question

I have a swollen throat on the back, it’s red and I have difficulty to swallow
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I had problems with swallowing on Wednesday and Thursday although my throat wasn’t swollen, it stared again today with all the listed symptoms above
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This morning it wasn’t a big problem just was painful but I looked recently and it doesn’t look good. All the back of my throat it’s swollen.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 14 days ago.

Your symptoms are likely due to;

1) Viral sore throat

2) Strep sore throat

3) Covid

4) Acid reflux

You need a rapid strep test, throat swab, and complete blood count for the evaluation. You may need a course of antibiotics if the rapid strep test is positive.

Following measures may be helpful;

1) Warm saline/saltwater gargles

2) Lozenges

3) Rest to throat; less talking!

4) Warm fluids; increase the fluid otherwise also.

5) Tylenol or Motrin / Advil (Ibuprofen) will take care of your pain and discomfort.

Read this resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sore-throat/DS00526/DSECTION=lifestyle-and-home-remedies

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.