Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I'm a retired GP in Southampton and have developed an

Customer Question

Good evening. I'm a retired GP in Southampton and have developed an abscess on my gum with some cellulitis on my upper lip. I was wondering if i could have a prescription for amoxicillin?
JA: Has the abscess been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: This is the first time and its getting worse with throbbing pain and keeping me awake at night. Been dosing on paracetamol and ibuprofen.
JA: Got it. What dosage of paracetamol are you using? Any allergies to medications or other substances?
Customer: Been taking 1g QDS and 400mg of Ibuprofen 8hrly
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: I'm on Ramipril 10mg and Amlodipine 10mg daily for blood pressure
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

I am very sorry but JustAnswer is an advice and guidance service, we cannot prescribe via this format.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Given the time of day, your best option is 111 or given the cellulitis, an urgent treatment centre or A&E would be able to help.

Please do contact customer services to request a refund though.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

All the best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, It’s ok.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

The phone call is automatically offered, please do ignore this.