ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

After bathing last week I have been almost completely

after bathing last week I have been almost completely deaf.Woken up at night with roaring sound in my ears,There was Amelioprate skin softener in bath water.Have twice rung my Doc who just says put olive oil in which I have done twice a day
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Have described symptoms aBOVE.DID YOU NOT RECEIOVE IT
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: phoned surgery I was just told to put olive oil in ears.Not possible to see doc because of virus restrictions
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Any pain or discharge from the ear. Is it only one or both ears

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No pain or discharge both ears affected

When did you take bath please?

The most probable cause is the water combining with the ear wax and making it enlarge

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
last saturday a.week ago

If the deafness has not improved for a few days then it might need syringing. A&e can help with that. Hospitals have all precautions with regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you I will try to see someone next week.Is it OK to continue with olive oil

A few drops should be fine