ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I am 20 years old. I suffered an assault to my head in

Hello there my name is ***** ***** I am 20 years old. I suffered an assault to my head in October 2020 and haven’t felt myself since. Its been 7 months now and i am still having some speech problems and other symptoms as noted down below. I have been reading a lot online about this Post Concussion Syndrome as these symptoms are similar to the ones i’ve been experiencing. I wanted to know if language and communication problems such as speech problems which I’m experiencing, are symptoms of PCS ? And if so how long will it take me to recover from them would you say ? Thank You very much, Cai.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Post concussion as you know is common (in sports,.accidents). It usually does not cause speech problems. May I know whether you had any CT Brian scan after the trauma.?

And what kind of speech problems you are experiencing? Is it finding words or processing words?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello there, thank you very much for your response. Speech problems is mild, my parents tell me that they can't notice anything. But usually when i speak for longer periods, in my university classes and with my friends i tend to mis pronounce my words and it feels as though my mouth comes to a stop when i'm trying to say something. My speech problems are not severe but i now for sure that it isn't the same since i was hit in the head back in october. It feels as though i have to think about what im about to say before saying it, just incase that i wont be able to pronounce things right. Speaking does seem effortful to me at the moment and it definitely doesn't comes as easy and smooth to be as it used to be. Thank You for your time and effort in helping me, Cai.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i do experience some troubles with word finding sometimes. Haven’t had a CT scan yet.

If there is no limb weakness then there is  no structural damage to the brain. Again what kind of trauma was it please. Did you fall unconscious?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Unfortunately i was punched in the left side of my head from behind. And no there is no limb weakness.

I don't think you have nothing to worry about. Your parents have not noticed any changes. Don't think about it too much.

If you are really concerned and want clarification them you can visit a&e, they could do a CT brain scan. It will give you peace of mind

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am currently waiting to see a neurologist so hopefully he can give me a CT scan. I have heard from some doctors that language and communication problems such as problems with speech could be symptoms of Post Concussion Syndrome. Is there any possibility of that do you think ?

Unlikely.  But it's good that you are waiting to see the neurologist (the expert). He will answer all your queries and most importantly examine you which is crucial. All the best. Take care

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your time all the best to you as well.