Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medicine Doctor
6740150

I think I have phimosis, No and none, no should I just walk

Customer Question

I think I have phimosis
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and none
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no should I just walk into my gp and speak to them about it?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Hi there! I’m Dr. Josh, a Board Certified Physician with 13+ yrs. experience in clinical practice and I would serve you with care and patience.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

Please disregard any automated phone call requests as this is auto-generated and did not come from me.

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Respected Customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Before I answer your question, I would like to get some more information:

Are you able to retract the penis foreskin?

Associated swelling?

Pain during urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can’t retract the foreskin there’s no pain or swelling
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am currently preparing and typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Respected Customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem and I know how worrisome this situation can be for you but hopefully, we can resolve this.

This condition in medical terms is called Phimosis. This causes tightness of the foreskin of the penis and prevents the retraction of the foreskin on the glans.

You should avoid using talc and deodorants on your penis as they may cause irritation. You should gently wash your penis with warm water each day while having a bath or showering

Initially, the doctor prescribes -Antibiotics and Hot soaks which help separate the foreskin from the glans.

Also, a doctor can prescribe a topical steroid ointment, to soften the foreskin and make retraction easier. The ointment is massaged into the area around the glans and foreskin twice a day for several weeks.

If it doesn't work, then under local anesthesia doctor will do, a small incision to release.

I suggest you see a doctor, urgently for evaluation and management.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you for the opportunity to help and I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you should I just walk into the doctors and speak to the receptionist
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Yes, you should see a nearby General practitioner, and get it managed.

Wishing you the very best of health!

Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have been using stretching methods for a few weeks but I haven’t noticed a difference
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

You would need prescription medication, from your doctor.

So, please see your doctor and get it managed.

Wishing you the very best of health!

Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thankyou
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

You are most welcome. Thank you.