Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a permanent feeling of dread in my stomach and feel

Customer Question

I have a permanent feeling of dread in my stomach and feel terribly anxious
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Nothing seems to help ,the doctor put me on propanalol recentlly but it doesnt help
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You are having anxiety disorder.

You should consult your doctor for this. Psychological diseases are as much diseases as physical diseases. We need to get them treated as matter of factly as we treat a physical disease. There are a wide range of drugs like antidepressants and anti anxiety drugs which will no doubt help you to regain control of your life. If necessary your GP will refer you to a psychiatrist.

Dont try to deal with this alone. Get help, show your doctor. Anxiety and depression are two very common medical conditions in the modern age, and you must deal with them medically. A very large number of people suffer from this and have been able to find help through medicines and counselling which your doctor can prescribe for you.

Some steps you can take for now are:

Lots of fluids - water, juice, Gatorade.

Vt. C, Zinc and Vitamin B complex supplements -you can get this at your pharmacy.

Regular exercise - take 30 minutes of walk 5 times a week at the minimum. This is the most important step.

Maintain optimal weight – check your BMI on the net, its easily done. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight by at least 5 pounds, this will help greatly.

Avoid smoking, cut down on alcohol, cut down on caffeine

Regular hours of sleep - this is most important.

These steps will help, but you should consult your doctor or a psychiatrist at the earliest for this.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou so much for youre advice.