RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

Is there any difference between air physio and spiolto

Customer Question

is there any difference between air physio and spiolto respimat?
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: COPD breathless ness
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about COPD?
Customer: yes
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Had a triple heart bypass and have myeloma
Expert:  RickD810 replied 14 days ago.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Expert:  RickD810 replied 14 days ago.

The difference between the two is that one is a drug and the other isnt. Also their modes of action are different

AirPhysio is a drug-free handheld Oscillating Positive Expiratory OPEP device designed to assist in the clearance of secretions from the lungs. It assists in improving lung capacity by conditioning the lungs, helping to loosen mucus build-up and assisting to open up semi-closed airways.

Spiolto Respimat is an anticholinergic which relaxes the airways and helps keep them open