How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10317
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

My fiancee has schizophrenia for more than two years he was

This answer was rated:

hey doctor, my fiancee has schizophrenia for more than two years he was in mental health hospital for more than 1 month after he left the hospital he stoped taking his mediations (aripiprazole 15) he is getting worse now and I don't know what to do or how to deal with him and how to help him whatever | say or do he doesn't like it Im so stressed and scared
JA: How long has your fiancée been taking Aripiprazole? Any recent changes in dosage?
Customer: he only had it when he was in hospital and that was 2 years ago
JA: Got it. How has he been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: his sleeping is fine but not a deep sleep, he is very stressed not working and he is so paranoid
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in their medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: nothing that I know, ( he was drinking and smoking weed a lot )

I’m Dr. Gupta. I’m a board-certified physician with over 20 years of experience and I will be assisting you today.
I can certainly appreciate your concern,
Give me a few minutes to respond. The website may generate an automatic call request, you can accept this OR choose to ignore it


I am sorry to hear this,

Certainly, this is a serious concern, please call your doctor for having your fiancee hospitalized, you can try the NHS 111 helpline for more information too,

You can read more here

Speak to someone in your community mental health team (CMHT), if you have one. ...

Contact your local crisis team. ...

Contact your GP. ...

Go to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department of a local hospital.

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you