Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I’ve just found out I’m pregnant 8 months after recently

Customer Question

I’ve just found out I’m pregnant 8 months after recently giving birth I had blood clots in my lungs from my previous birth am I at risk
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: it’s been fine as far as I know I’m 23
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.   It sounds like you had a pulmonary embolism after delivery?    Are you currently on anticoagulants?    If this history is correct then you should be.

The recommended treatment would be Lovenox during the pregnancy and close monitoring.  You need care with a maternal fetal medicine specialist or high risk ob Dr.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi thank you I had blood test done and I’ve been on clexaine injections since I gave birth and I was only suppose to be on them for 3 months after delivery I have no blood disorder no one could understand why I got them as I young and healthy also my last pregnancy I bled nearly the hole 9 months and then started losing clots so I got induced
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.

Pregnancy alone can cause clotting in the lungs and the legs.   I would assume you will need to be on a blood thinner for the pregnancy.   You are going to need a consult with a high risk specialist.