Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had a car accident yesterday and couldn’t explain how it

I had a car accident yesterday and couldn’t explain how it happened. I was travelling slowly then felt a ‘jolt’, then was suddenly veering to the left,hitting a high kerb and ploughing into a parked car. I looked for a stone or obstacle that I could have hit, but couldn’t find anything. I was unhurt, seemingly lucid and speaking intelligibly. Obviously I am shaken, just wanted to rest and sleep when I got home and this morning am still shaky, experiencing a strange sensation in my left temple (it’s fading now) and wondering if the ‘jolt’ could have been in my head.
JA: Have you used any medication for the sensation?
Customer: No, there is no actual pain.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the sensation?
Customer: No.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: A few years ago I had an experience of not being able to speak intelligibly, which lasted a few hours and passed after I had slept. My G P thought it was a T I A but when I saw the specialist it turned out to be migraine activity.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.   You are asking if the jolt could be in your head?   I think that is not likely.

It sounds like you have a problem with the front end alignment of the steering column.    You may want to get that checked out.

Do you recall hitting your head at all?   That may explain the strange feeling in the temple.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.