RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I need to speak to one of neurologists, The problem is not

Hi, I need to speak to one of neurologists
JA: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?
Customer: The problem is not with me. I am querying for a family member. Basically, my father-in-law is in deathbed in India. He has recently come out to be covid negative. But, he is not getting his concious back. They did his MRI and CT scan in India,they said looks like there is extensive blood clots and blood leakage in the brain. They cannot do anything, due to his age. I have his MRI scan report and I wanted to get a second opinion from the doctors here.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The problem is not with me. I am querying for my family member

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Dr Druggal. I am trying to find some information. Basically, my father-in-law was infected with covid about 20 days back and is in ICU. He came back with covid negative report, he is not able to get any concious. They did MRI scan and CT scan and found he had stroke and also blood clots. They are refusing to do any treatment for him as he is 79 year old. I have attached his reports. I want to know is there any other possible way we can revive him.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sorry for the typo Dr Duggal.

Can you send me the report to look at

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have sent you the reports now

Do you want to discuss this on the phone?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Dr Duggal, what are your thoughts?

Looks like he has had a bleed on the brain causing a stroke

It is up to the doctor involved in his care to decide treatment. Usually it is left alone if the bleeding is controlled. A repeat MRI would be required here to see the progress of the bleed