Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Are these flea or bed bug bites. They are on my husbads leg.

Customer Question

Are these flea or bed bug bites. They are on my husbads leg. He says they aren't itchy. I have no bites myself
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (6QSQ61Z)
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    You are asking about the bites?    There is no way to know from a photo what caused them.

But if you have no bites, fleas or bed bugs are unlikely.    Bed bugs are usually larger bites and fleas cause lots of multiple bites.    To me, these appear like a mosquito bite.

You should check your bed for bed bugs    Look between the mattress and box spring and under the box spring.     Do you have a pet?  Treat your pet monthly for fleas of course.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've got a bedbug protector on my bed and when i checked before couldn't find signs of bed bugs. I have two cats and last month late for treatments.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You say it doesn't look like bed bugs or fleas. Yet to treat for them
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

No, I said to inspect your bed for bed bugs.   And to be sure you are treating any pets monthly for fleas.   (With preventative )    That should be done regardless of the bites.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

I hope that helps.