How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 40720
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

My 39yr old son has injured his foot and it is swollen and

Customer Question

My 39yr old son has injured his foot and it is swollen and discoloured,he is in a lot of pain,should I call 999 as I don't drive
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Last night
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Most likely he has foot bone fracture causing bleeding and swelling.

He will need xrays, foot immobilization and prescription pain medication.

He should call ambulance to transport him to the local hospital soon.