Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My left armpit gland has been swollen for over a month

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

Is it following vaccination?

Any breast pain, etc?

Do you shave your armpits regularly?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I haven't had any vaccine recently, I do shave my armpits weekly, and I sometimes have chest pain that feels tight and where I can't breath for a minute or so but then goes away

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

This gland is probably the remnant of a past infection.

Any infection in the chest wall, hands and arms, armpits, etc can cause a lymph gland to swell. This is part of the immunological response.

Once a lymph node swells, a remnant swollen gland can remain for years, often throughout life.

These are not a cause for worry.

You need not worry about this. Dont touch it frequently. Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and armpits are common and most people have such glands.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much for your answer, it's very reassuring, this was really helpful :)