How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12223
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now

There ive had some unusual tiny bumps on my penis head and

Customer Question

Hi, there ive had some unusual tiny bumps on my penis head and would like to know if its an sti
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: Its been there for a long time, im not sure if ive always had it but i noticed it around a year ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to assist you today.

I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 14 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Please let me know about the following and I will do my best to help you.

May I know your age?

Could you please post a picture of that for me here?

Any other symptoms?

Itching? Pain?

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 14 days ago.

I'm sorry you are worried about this. I will try to help.

Without the information I requested, I can only give a general answer, but I hope it helps.

The bumps are likely to be Fordyce spots.

Fordyce spots are sebaceous glands without hair follicles.

Fordyce spots are generally harmless and don't need treatment.

It is a benign condition and due to prominent sweat glands. There is nothing to worry about.

Usually, it does not need any treatment. Some amount of Fordyce's glands, more or less, are found on up to 8/10 people.

You have probably had this always, but you have noticed it only now.

Or they may be slightly swollen now which can happen due to various factors like friction, sweating, etc.

They are no cause of worry at all, they are perfectly normal glands.

If they are worrying you, you can go for laser vaporization, for this you will have to approach a dermatologist who can do this.

If you have any clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

In case you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to help!

Wishing you the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to help.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (12L6L6V)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
All attached images are the bumps. They are brownish rather than skin coloured which is what worries me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have over the past year once or twice seen stringy whitish fluid in my urine
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (7VM1QMS)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is a better quality image
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im 20
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I do sometimes have pain peeing aswell but i think thats due to dehydration as it gets better when hydrated
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the pics.

These brownish bumps are simple Fordyce spots.

Fordyce spots are small yellowish spots on the penis head, shaft, or foreskin.

They are enlarged sebaceous glands and considered harmless.

Fordyce spots don’t require treatment, but options are available if the appearance of the spots is causing you distress.

These include laser therapy and some topical and oral treatments.

A dermatologist can help determine the best option for you.

They are not worrisome or dangerous.

You can safely relax.

I sincerely ***** ***** was helpful.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Kindly rate my answer.


Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 13 days ago.

Also the "stringy whitish fluid" most likely is semen mixed with urine.

Please don't worry about it.

I agree dehydration could be the cause of pain.

Keep yourself well hydrated, with 8-10 cups of water a day.

Thank You.