Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Depression and anxiety, About 1 year and no, No

Customer Question

Depression and anxiety
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: About 1 year and no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Can you tell me more about this or what may be causing it?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm just constantly feeling down all the while, I dont feel like I have a reason to be happy if im honest. Work is quite demanding im having headaches a few times a week through work and being stressed. I just feel like I'm existing and not enjoying life even when I get offered to go out I dont want to, im finding myself snapping and being sharp with people all the while even though they haven't doing anything wrong I just know really know what to do about it.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Im just always fed up and can easily cry because my mind is always in a viscous cycle. I'm constantly being negative and thinking the worst about everything and its always playing on my mind. All I seem happy in wanting to do is sleep because then im not thinking about anything.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. So the options are predominantly either psychological with therapy and/or medication such as anti depressants.

I would suggest if this is a daily occurrence, I would do both abs hopefully in 6 months you could stop the medication if you are in a better place

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
At the minute it's like there isn't any escape if that makes sense . Ive always kept quiet about it and just suffered to be honest there has been 2 occasions where I've felt like I couldn't cope anymore and had suicidal thoughts. What can trigger it ? Because I feel like since I've lost 2 family members within 12 weeks apart ive felt like this.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

I therefore think you should consider taking medication, an SSRI, such as Sertraline if you are feeling this way.

As to your triggers, that is where counselling will be useful.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

That is my pleasure, do chase your doctor to help with this. Private is certainly an option but should be managed under the NHS as well.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Thank you, ***** *****