the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine 3 months ago and have had very

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine 3 months ago and have had very bad migraine aura everyday since. Ring ears, pins needles, blind spots, red spots, flashing, toothache, really painful neck. Weakness down right side and pain. Trouble with speech. Alice wonderland syndrome. The headaches seem to move around but mostly seem to be in the back and on top and down the right side.
I got propranolol it helped a bit but o still got them everyday and it stopped me sleeping and made the situation worse. Triptans were good but I needed them everyday. I’m on topiramate now. Symptoms improving but I wanted to ask, when I do get a migraine can I take triptans? Also topiramate has stoped my sleep too ..can I take sleeping tablets?Also when I’ve had a busy day, maybe a couple of migraines and lack of sleep, when I lay down my brain sometimes feels funny. It feels like it’s builds up and all of a sudden I feel very dizzy, very sick and my brain at the back only the bottom bit starts to shake. Sometimes aggressively. I can feel it vibrate through my throat shaking my tonsils. I feel pulsating, maybe blood vessels? I feel relaxed when this happens and zoned out but I am aware my brain is shaking. It only lasts for 1 minute. Afterwards I’m really tired and I want to sleep a lot. I have a headache too. This happens to me when I’m laying down. Sometimes just small mini ones. Sometimes bigger shakes. Not everyday. Usually I can’t sleep at all. What is this?

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Yes you can take triptans for a migraine

why wouldn't you be able to?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just because I’m already taking topiramate. I didn’t know if I was allowed to mix

yes you can

Experience: Medical Doctor

I can call you when you are free, please let me know a good time,

Certainly, topiramate can be taken along with triptans, in fact is has been used to gether specifically to treat chronic migraines,

Read more here

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16960472/

Warm regards

The call went to a voice message,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you I will take one today. This was very helpful.
Sorry I didn’t know
Who was calling. And then it calLed you by accident.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’ve not slept for 5 days on the topiramate and I feel a bit crazy. I took 9mg melatonin last night and I didn’t sleep a minute. Any suggestions. I feel a bit manic on this medicine but I think this lack of sleep is going to lead me to more migraines and more issues. I don’t feel good
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It has helped me with migraine symptoms tho.

That is great news,

Do you still want the call,

Warm regards