Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was infected with syphillis of late 2019 by an ex parted.

Customer Question

Hi, I was infected with syphillis of late 2019 by an ex parted. However I have been treated with penicillin since. I’ve done my three checkups and it’s come back non active however positive in my blood works which I understand is normal. I am in a new relationship with intentions to be intimate. We’ve both done blood tests and his results are fine. All my results are fine except the positive that I will get for the syphillis. I haven’t been sexually active for a year +. Is okay to have sex with my new partner as I’m anxious that he may get it from me.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I don’t have any symptoms as I have been treated in early 2020.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s all
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Yes you are safe and go ahead with sexual activities.

The Positive syphilis antibodies will be life long --should not be tested even.

Only RPR titer is enough to monitor for any increase.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A nurse that I have never had before recommended that I do blood works again but. Should I ask her if my RPR was increased ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.

Yes only RPR titer