Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I’m not well symptoms are strong vaginal odour poo leaking

I’m not well symptoms are strong vaginal odour poo leaking from anus passing urine too frequently overheating at night in bed loss of appetite prickly sensation in my limbs
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no cannot get an appointment over the last 4 months taking omeprazole for stomach acid
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: no vomiting or nausea has been going on for 4 months
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
  1. Since how long did you have this abnormal odor?

2. Is there any pain or bleeding?

3. Is there any cheesy or curd like discharge?

4. Are you running any fever?

5. May I know your age please because I need to know whether this is peri-menopausal abnormal discharge?

6. Is it like - you have the urge to urinate, but, when you go to urinate - very little comes out and you still have the urge to urinate?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No discharge odour 3 monthsno pain or bleeding no fever age 64 plenty of wee when I urinate
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
R yu still there

I understand your concern and I am sorry for your symptoms.

The most common causes for such vaginal odor are -

1. Bacterial vaginosis.

2. Vaginal candidiasis.

3. Vaginitis.

4. Trichomoniasis.

5. Pelvic inflammatory disease.

You do not have any other symptoms except odor.

Worthwhile using a course of Metronidazole for Trichomoniasis.

For prevention - you can take oral probiotics

http://www.rephresh.com/RepHresh-Products/RepHresh-Vaginal-Gel.aspx

As home remedy you can do soaking the area in warm water (sitz bath).

Add ½ to 1 tablespoon (5 mL to 15 mL) of baking soda or 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 mL to 10 mL) of salt to the water in the plastic sitz bath. Swirl the water until the baking soda or salt dissolves. 5. Carefully sit down in the plastic sitz bath and soak your bottom area for 10 to 15 minutes.

But if the local redness or pain or tenderness is increasing or if you develop fever then you may require medical attention and antibiotic please.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800