How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8920
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now

I have really bad pain in my kidneys have done for a few

Customer Question

Hi I have really bad pain in my kidneys have done for a few days now but have been unable to get in contact with my doctors
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I had the pain from last wed. Thought I had cystitis. Was weeing alot more and when I had had a wee still felt like bladder was not fully empty. It does not burn when I wee but when I finish I get a little bit of pain. But in the past couple of days my kidneys are hurting really bad. I had kidney stones in February and I'm getting similar pain to that
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry you’re having this problem. I need some additional information. Your age? Gender? Pain on both sides of the back? Burning when you urinate?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm 26 female and yes pain in both sides on my back. No it does not burn when I urinate
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
Sounds like you have another kidney stone that is passing. It’s usually one side at a time. If the stone gets stuck it can cause a blockage of the ureters and back up into the kidneys. Ic can cause damage to that kidney. The next step is to get a cat scan of the kidneys to see if there is a stone that’s blocked.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
We also do a urinalysis and urine culture. If there is an obstruction due to a stone then a urologist is consulted. These tests will find out exactly what the problem is now. I suggest you go to the emergency room for these tests. A stone that’s stuck can lead to many problems as I mentioned.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Should I go A & E?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
that’s the fastest way to be evaluated.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
You’re welcome. Feel better.