Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Severe reflux what to do

Customer Question

Severe reflux what to do
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry to do this. Do you take anything already for this or have made any dietary changes? Have you had any investigations?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am taking omrepzole took 40mg for 3 weeks now 20mg for a week feels very wierd and dry when i take it and when i stop i have reflux again
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Kindly review this as well whats the purple mass at end of my tongue its a bit hurting
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

Okay thanks. So reflux can persist and therefore always need medication to manage it. I would therefore persist with your medication but get an endoscopy to look for causes such as a hiatus hernia and evidence of Barrett’s oesophagi. Helicobacter pylori can also be checked for following this procedure.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

I can’t see clearly what that is sorry. Certainly worth getting someone to examine you in person.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have encircled it at back ot tongue
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can it be veins
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

It is possible, but it isn’t clear

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If it is veins what should i do to relieve the symptoms
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

Speak with you doctor about an endoscopy as you need one. You can ask them about this at the same time. I would also get bloods done if you haven’t to assess for any related iron deficiency.

as per diet you should avoid alcohol and caffeine

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

Veins being prominent wouldn’t be a cause of your symptoms.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You made me really worried there its hard to see gps nowadays and further appointments are even harder to get
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

I understand but this is not a substitute for an examination and consultation. Can you see someone privately?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cant afford
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

You should book an appointment with your GP then, this isn’t urgent so don’t worry, but if you still have these symptoms and want to improve them you should persist.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thankyou doctor i will sure
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 13 days ago.

That is my pleasure, all the best