Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Very sharp pain in right side and left shoulder, 2 days.

Customer Question

very sharp pain in right side and left shoulder
JA: How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 2 days. paracetamol.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing of importance
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 days ago.

What are your age and gender?

Do you have neck/abdominal/jaw pain, sweating, pain in the left arm, nausea, shortness of breath?

Are your neck and shoulder movements are painful and restricted?

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 days ago.

I am writing you an initial answer. You may ask further questions once you read it.

The causes of consideration would be;

1) Bicipital tendinitis

2) Frozen shoulder

3) Biceps rupture

4) Brachial neuritis

5) Rotator cuff disease

6) Cervical radiculopathy

7) Cervical spondylosis

The majority of people with the above problems will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be aggressive, daily, and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, transcutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also is very helpful initially.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.