Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Will you be able to prescribe antibiotics for a tooth

Customer Question

Will you be able to prescribe antibiotics for a tooth infection?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling I don’t think. A few weeks ago, I need an extraction however they won’t do it with an infection so I need this to clear up before I book that
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth symptoms. Unfortunately we aren't able to prescribe using this service but I'd advise the following:

-Use warm saltwater rinses twice a day

-Buy some Corsodyl mouthwash from any pharmacy and use this twice a day also

-use paracetamol (and can also take ibuprofen 400mg three times a day - with food) for added relief

-If you need antibiotics despite this you can get them from your GP or an online prescribing service (I'll include a link at the end) or you could just visit your local walk-in-center which is usually attached to your local A&E and staffed by out of hours GPs.

Here's the link:

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/how-it-works/prescriptions

I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best.