RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I have sleep disorders depression a multitude of mental

Customer Question

i have sleep disorders depression a multitude of mental health problems and have recently developed seizures that are ruining me inside and out
JA: When did the insomnia start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: my childhood. i used to take lots aswell as recreational substances to aid sleep but my sleep disorder clinic has passed me off to an insomnia clinic because they have no f**king clue and now i am not allowed anything
JA: Got it. How severe has the insomnia been?
Customer: i regularly go more than 100 hours without a minutes sleep
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: nothing i can type right now but there is lots
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
tbh the longer i wait the more the sun comes up and i wish i had never bothered with this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i am going back in my bedroom shortly i feel like you have just wasted my time massively and thats hard when you are awake 24/7 and have no interest or motivation in anything.
i feel like this service is just a scam as most of your users will sign up and forget before the 7 days especially if you take this damn long to us every second drags for so long and it has still been over an hour for a response. or will you not respond until the free trial is over?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have had sleeping issues since approx since 6 years old that never let up i often go over 100 hours without sleeping and then i usually enter mile depravation psychosis
i was a patient under Guys and st. Thomas's sleep disorder clinic but i have been dropped as a patient and transferred to a more specific insomnia clinic but they will not accept my refferal until i have been deprived of all sleep aids and alcohol/recreational things i use for sleep aid for over a month
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
over the last 2 years i have also started have seizure clusters that they cannot explain as they still say i am not epilieptic but everytime i have a seizure it makes my overall life worse
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

Are you taking any drugs or alcohol?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
not since i have been told that i will be refused all help as they see the "substances" as the originating cause but it is not this way around i only drink etc so i can black out and finally sleep
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

what drugs were you taking and when did you stop?

How much alcohol are you drinking per day or week?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
in my life i have taken everything except meth and crack. the only thing i have ever done habitually is cannabis.
but the medication to aid sleep (as ineffective as they are) are still better than nothing but the refferal to the insomnia people has required all medication be stopped and i cannot take being awake this long again.
and the seizures are just steadily pushing me towards suicide as everytime one happens my life becomes restricted more and more
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
currently zero as that is what i am being forced to
i can easily drink 1L of spirit in a day if i was drinking
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

I can only advise that you take the advice of your current sleep specialist and abstain from all drugs and alcohol.

You will aslo need to see your GP about getting referred to a psychotherapist for your ongoing sleep problems in adjunct to the sleep clinic

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i had a great one but then i changed boroughs and the current borough i am in does not offer the same service at all
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

You may have to seek private consultation if your GP wont refer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
at this point i dont care about being progressed on to true sleep medications but i feel i need to go back on the cocktail of Z drugs (zopiclone and zolpidem) and anti histamines
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
have you ever had a patient whos sleep deprivation is sooo bad that they had used heroin because they had heard people fall asleep while using
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately I would advise against the use of any illicit drugs to aid sleep

Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

You will need to see your GP about any sleeping tablets

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
have you ever been awake for over 120 hours?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

Sorry but no I havent

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
not many people have and realities grip becomes incredibly light as the hours stack up.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i will continue trying to find a way of bleeding myself unconscious without dying
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
do you have any idea how patchetic it feels to call your work and say you cant attend because "you couldn'
t sleep"
Expert:  RickD810 replied 8 days ago.

sorry.. I dont...please take my advice as stated previously