Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am 91,male,have kidney and thyroid problems, Recent blood

Customer Question

I am 91,male,have kidney and thyroid problems, Recent blood tests all OK.
JA: Have you discussed the blood tests with a doctor?
Customer: I am 91,male.Have kidney and thyriod problems, recent blood and pressure tests both positivne. In recent weeks at night I am awakened by chest pains,breathlessness.Normally during daytime I feel quite well but this chest pain is concerning me. Reluctant to ask my GP due to their workload. I find that getting out of bed for approx half an hour stops the pain,but its developing into a nightly ritual. Any advice appreciated. My e-mail is***@******.*** Thankyou
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No but I am on daily prescription tablts for my kidney and thyroid problems
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 16 days ago.

A nighttime chest pain that goes away on getting out of bed in half an hour is likely due to acid reflux. You may take Gelusil and Lansoprazole; both of these. are without a prescription.

But with kidney and thyroid problems, the pain needs to be investigated by an ECG and echocardiography.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou for your comments to me today,ref cheast pain question from Mr.N.Kirk. Post code NR270AE
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Very good.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.