M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

I have a question about pregnancy, Yeah wanna chat to a

Hey I have a question about pregnancy
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yeah wanna chat to a doctor
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to Just Answer.

I'm Dr. Javid, and I'll assist you today.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had sex with someone on the 20th august 2019 , then with someone else on 7th September 2019 , I then took a pregnancy test on 8th September and it said 3weeks pregnant , will that mean the person from the 20th august is the father?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The person from the 20tn August has dark hair the same as me, but my sons hair is ginger like the person from the 7th September !

Ok, what kind of test did you take that gave three weeks?

Was it a blood beta HCG?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It was a clear blue digital test

Ok, that dating won't be a very precise way.

Dating is done either from the date of the last menstrual period or by the ultrasound.

If you have the ultrasound report, I can use that to give you the possible conception date, using an online calculator tool.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (LM51ZQL)

Ok, I will have a look.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is that what you mean a ultrasound scan picture?

I need the report, not the picture.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry I can’t find this, but is it possible for a test to show up exactly one day after sex?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As I only slept with two people and one was 20th August exactly and the other was 7th September then I took a pregnancy test on the 8th September, is it possible for the 2nd person to be the father in anyway whatsoever ???
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this what you need ?

A pregnancy test can't become positive in a day.

The most sensitive test is the blood beta HCG and which is able to detect as early as a week after conception.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Alright so the person from the 20th is the father then?

No, the ultrasound report, which is in text form.

They will give the age of the fetus in it, in weeks and days.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can’t seem to find it, but so the person from the 20th that is the father yes from the information I have provided to you

If the pregnancy test was positive on 8th September, and you slept with partner no. 2 one time only, and that was the day before, then he cannot be the father.

It means that you were already pregnant when you had sex with partner no. 2.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank you , I had only slept with both these peoples on these days my concern was that partner number 2 is ginger and my son has ginger blondish hair when partner number 1 and I aye dark brown

Ok, but based on the supplied information, partner no. 2 can't be the father, it's not medically possible.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank you for all your help I appreciate it

All pregnancy tests detect the hormone HCG, and it takes time to build up.

Welcome, and I wish you all the best.

Please complete a positive answer rating, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (2SGL276)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can this help ?

No, this does not give the dates either.

However, as I explained, if you remember the dates correctly, partner 2 can't be the father due to the positive pregnancy test the next day.

It's not possible.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay thank you very much so it had to be partner number 1 as that’s the only other person I had sex with

Yes, quite so.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for all your help, I’m sorry if I was a bother I appreciate your help thank you so much I will rate you now

Welcome, and best wishes.