RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I am suffering a bad (for me depressive episode since

I am suffering a bad (for me depressive episode since Sinday. I have missed work since Sunday morning although I couldn't care ;ess about that right now. I tried to ask this last night but hit return too early. I have constant obsessive/intrusive thpughts for the last 20 years. This deoressive episode means I don't see the point in anything. I sjeep all the time, I had run every day for 377 days but my body didn;t run properly when I tried. So my running streak has finished. I average 30 press ups in a se and couldn't do one yesterday. I was suicidal yesterday (no plan just geneal) and I've had enough. I stopped drinkong years ago and it holds no allure now, but I can't live like this. I won't take meds because of the terrible time i had on them 20 years ago. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i am 52. In 2010, after 14 hours drinking someone wanted a fight. Then he didn't. I still attacked him. I went to prison for four years four month (serving half in prison). I have stopped drinking using Rational Recovery, am in a stable loving relationship and live calmly/ In october the final piece was laid by me getting a job. (In 2016 i dropped out of university because of depression.) The jpb is manual with a good company. I have ruined my life. This is an objective truth. Dwpression doesn't help. "Deprssion" may just be a clear view of how the world is. Absent all the "positivity" and view specific thinking.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
please excuse typos. I was typing using an unlit keyboard in bed without a llight on. I switched my smartphone off on Sunday and won't turn the world back on yet.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am suffering a bad (for me) depressive episode since Sinday. I have missed work since Sunday morning although I couldn't care less about that right now. I tried to ask this last night but hit return too early. I have constant obsessive/intrusive thoughts for the last 20 years. This depressive episode means I don't see the point in anything. I sleep all the time, I had run every day for 377 days but my body didn't run properly when I tried. So my running streak has finished. I average 30 press ups in a set and couldn't do one press up yesterday. I was suicidal yesterday (no plan just general) and I've had enough. I stopped drinking years ago and it holds no allure now, but I can't live like this. I won't take meds because of the terrible time i had on them 20 years ago. Any ideas of what I can do please?Some background: I am 52. In 2010 I went to prison for four years four month (serving half in prison) for attempted GBH (withintent). I have stopped drinking using Rational Recovery, am in a stable loving relationship and live calmly. In october the final piece of me turning my life around was laid by me getting a job. (In 2016 i dropped out of university because of depression.) The job is manual with a good company.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I switched my smartphone off on Sunday and don't plan to switch the world back on quite yet.

Have you had a formal diagnosis?

What medications are you currently taking?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I haven't been in touch with medical authorites (re this) in approx 20 years. I spent (at least) 2 short periods in mental health facilities back then. I had a diagnosis then I'm sure but i don't remember exactly. I was drinking at the time and that skewed everything I'm sure. When I am not in an episode I don't believe I have depression so I don't keep anything relevant to it all.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am not on any meds.

My advice to you will be that you should see your GP who will talk to you with regards ***** ***** symptoms.

He will need to assess your PHQ-9 and GAD scores (assessment for levels of anxiety and depression).

He may then look at medication / antidepressants.

He will also provide support services by way of psychological support.

I hope this answer helps you and I wish you well with your recovery.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your reply Doc. I am not going down that route again. Have a nice day.

I would advise that you do though....