Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a lot of pain in my vagina and symptoms of a urine

Hi, I have a lot of pain in my vagina and symptoms of a urine infection but three rounds of antiobitoics have not helped, I often get cystits as well.
JA: How long have you been using the antibiotics? Has it helped at all?
Customer: I have had two rounds at 3 days each and one round for 7 days, I am now on my 4th round for 3 days and no they do not help at all
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the vagina pain?
Customer: yes I have
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no I don't think so

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello, thank you

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

WHat is your age?

Any tests done like urine culture and sensitivity?

Do you have vaginal pain also?

What are your symptoms of UTI?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 23 years old, I have had multiple urine samples that show blood, white cells and protein, I have done a pregnancy test, and an sti test, all negative, I have a lot of vaginal pain. I have urgency, blood in my urine, back and stomach pain, tiredness, pain when passing urine and needed to go more often.

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

You are having recurrent UTI.

Recurrent UTI in women is a not uncommon problem.

The exact cause of why this occurs is not known. Among the likely implicated causes are:
Type of bacteria: some bacteria are naturally resistant to treatment.
Anatomical and physiologial abnormalities in the tract which predispose to recurrent UTI: like vesico-ureteric reflux, high residual urine in bladder, etc.
Improper habits: like inadequate emptying of bladder, etc.

I would suggest that you consult a Urologist for this.

You need to be examined thoroughly for this. Besides tests like Urine Culture and sensitivity, you also need tests like Ultrasound, IVP, cystoscopy, voiding cystography, etc. You should discuss about these tests with your doctor.

Meanwhile, there are various steps that you can take on your own:
Drink plenty of fluids. Also drink plenty of Cranberry juice.
Go to the toilet as frequently as you feel the urge, do not hold back.
Wipe from front to back after a BM.
Go to the toilet after sex and clean yourself adequately after sex.
Use a shower instead of a bath tub for bathing.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.