How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 13332
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

Is a bit of skin that’s grown out of my anus area I think it

Customer Question

Hey there is a bit of skin that’s grown out of my anus area I think it may be piles but I’m not to sure and it’s causing discomfort
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: around the past 2 weeks it’s appeared and no skin and nails are fine
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no just this
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you Dr
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

The anus can have normally a small skin tag due to some previous infection, etc. IN such cases there are no associated symptoms.

In cases where there is associated symptoms with the skin tag such as pain, it is usually associated with some other problem in the anus, most commonly an anal fissure or an external hemorrhoid. In such cases it is called a Sentinel tag.

You should show your doctor for this. This is likely to be hemorrhoids or piles. Piles can be treated in the intial stages with ointments and stool softeners which your doctor will prescribe.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help