RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I need some advice on starting b12 injections, I know I have

Customer Question

I need some advice on starting b12 injections, I know I have a very low b12 and have had my first injection at a clinic, I was hoping for advice on which form of b12 is best for me
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen multiple doctors about numerous symptoms and none will help me because I’m still classed ‘in range’ my level is 158, I take levothyroxine (under active thyroid) and folic acid - I am vegan just over a year but have been vegetarian most of my life, I believe my symptoms and under active thyroid may have actually been caused due to lack of b12 in my diet but doctors have failed me
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: I had my b12 levels checked a few month ago of which my level was 158, I experience weight gain all of the time
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  RickD810 replied 5 days ago.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am in need of expert advice on how to start self injecting b12- what form of b12 I need and how regularly
Expert:  RickD810 replied 5 days ago.

Who has given you the b12 injections?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I paid for it at a clinic
Expert:  RickD810 replied 5 days ago.

It will be up to the clinic to advise. It depends on your blood results

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My last b12 blood results were 158 a couple month ago
Expert:  RickD810 replied 5 days ago.

This is till advice that needs to be given through your clinic. Your levels are slightly low a few months ago but we do not know current levels

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If I get my bloods tested again for b12 will the tests not be accurate as I have just had an b12 injection?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 4 days ago.

Sorry... I was off shift when you responded and have just come on

Yes if you get your blood tests done then they will give you an up to date status